Pastor Lowell and Justin continue our discussion about How God is Going to Complete His Plan… or eschatology. The topic for this week is, The Return of Jesus. In Matthew 25:14, Jesus introduces a parable about his Second Coming. This raises many questions!
In order to process through the matter, two questions are addressed:
1. Can we predict when Jesus will return?
- The Answer: Yes and No!
- The Return of Jesus Christ is a Two Step Movement. One aspect of Jesus’ return is described in Matthew 24:3-14 and another aspect of Jesus’ return is described in 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18.
- Two Steps!?!? Matthew 24 describes the Second Coming of Jesus Christ and 1 Thessalonians 4 describes the Rapture of the Church. Two events… described differently… at two different times in God’s plan.
2. So What? OR, How should this effect our lives?
- It should Encourage Us – 1 Thessalonians 4:18 and 1 Thessalonians 5:11
- It should Purify Us – 1 John 1:2-3
- It should Burden Us – Revelation 20:11-15