The guys begin by chatting about doomsday preppers. People that hoard supplies in fear of a catastrophic event. Why do people fear? Lowell and Billy transition from doomsday preppers and their fear, into a fear of the 2nd coming of Jesus. Check below for some notes from their show.
“But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven,
nor the Son, but the Father only.”
Three reasons why some people may fear the 2nd coming of Jesus?
- They are Unbelievers…
- If someone does not put their trust. Truthfully, they should fear.
- They are Unaware…
- They don’t look into God’s Word for themselves.
- They blindly listen to many views.
- They are Unwilling…
- To give up this world.
- To let future biblical moments go what they don’t understand them.
- Don’t fear, be…ACTIVE.
- I Thessalonians 3: 13 “…so that he may establish your hearts blameless in holiness before our God and Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus with all his saints.”
- I Thessalonians 1:10 “and to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, Jesus who delivers us from the wrath to come.”
- Even in hard times… be active
- Being active will not be easy.
- John 15:18 “If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you.”
- He provides a Counselor as you are active.
- John 14:15-16 “If you love me, you will keep my commandments. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever”
The importance is where you stand right now with God then where you stand at the end!
“Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom his master has set over his household, to give them their food at the proper time? Blessed is that servant whom his master will find so doing when he comes.”